Life Foundation participates in the training of HIV services
Life Foundation participated in the workshop “Gender-sensitive HIV services for injecting drug users” at the United Nations in the presence of
- Lina Amr, “Conversion and Archiving Unit”
- Dina Abdel Rahman, “Psychologist in the Rehabilitation and Integration Unit”
The following was discussed as part of the first day activities:
- Medical definition of HIV.
- Opportunistic diseases and diseases associated with HIV.
- Stages of the disease.
- Strategies to diminish, cut or reduce the disease.
At the end of the day, some cases were discussed.
This training, which is organized by the United Nations, is one of the events Life Foundation participates in as a part of a project funded by Drosos Foundation.
It is worth noting that, Life Foundation is implementing the project (Towards rehabilitation and community integration for prisoners back into society with the concentration on female prisoners) sponsored by Drosos Foundation from 2016 to 2019.