Life Foundation for development and community integration held its annual conference on project “Towards rehabilitation and community integration for prisoners with a focus on female prisoners” on 10th May 2018 in culmination of efforts started since two years ago since the start of Life Foundation Project funded by Drosos Foundation in supporting rehabilitation and community integration for female prisoners.
The target of the conference was:
A- To present the activities of project (Towards rehabilitation and community integration for prisoners with a focus on female prisoners)
B- A documentary film entitled “Start from scratch” on Life foundation program to rehabilitate the prisoners and released persons.
C- To present and discuss research papers by academicians at national centres for social and criminological researches.
D- To honour many of public figures who participated in promoting the idea of rehabilitation and integration into Egyptian society.
D- To present certificates of appreciation and grants estimated at 3.000 EGP for each case of beneficiaries of Life foundation’s services.
The date of the conference:
Thursday 10th May 2018 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– opening address (Head of the foundation)
– Present the achievements of the project (Towards rehabilitation and community integration for prisoners with a focus on female prisoners)
– An address by Programme Manager of Drosos Foundation in Cairo
– An address by Mrs. Faiqa Fahim – Member of the parliament For East of Delta constituency and Member of the Human Rights Committee of the Egyptian Parliament.
– A documentary film entitled ” Start from scratch” directed by Neveen Shalaby.
– The concept of social de-stigma and its role in developing the rehabilitation and integration system in art’s viewpoint (Mrs. Mona Iraqi, Mrs. Hala Elzougandy and Mrs. Badria Tolba)
– Honour many of public figures who participated in promoting the idea of rehabilitation and integration into Egyptian society.
1- The Author Hala Elzougandy for TV series “women’s prison”.
2- The announcer Mona Iraqi for TV program “Attention”.
3- The actress – Badria Tolba for her care of released women and women in debt in Alexandria which the director Ahmed Gaber received the award on her behalf.
4- Brigadier General Manar Mokhtar – The representative of Human Rights Department at the Ministry of the Interior and head of Anti-Violence Against Women Department.
5- Prof. Dr. Shehata Ziedan
6- Prof. Dr. Reham Mohey
7- Dr. Adulsalam Sharaf
8- Prof. Dr. Hala Ramadan
– Honour The cases of Life foundation (Success stories)
– First research paper which addressed “The impact of custodial sentences on the psychological and social capacities of prisoner” prepared by Prof. Dr. Shehata ziedan – psychology Professor at National Centre for Social and Criminological Research
– The second research paper is a proposed of the guide “The life skills needed to rehabilitate and reintegrate prisoners into society” prepared by Dr. Reham Mohey – Psychology Professor at National Centre for Social and Criminological Research
-The third research paper “Post-care systems for released prisoners in accordance with the international standards and experience” prepared by Dr. Abdulsalam Sharaf – head of the evaluation of the impact unit at fund for the combating and treatment of addiction.
interventions on papers
Dr. Hala Ramadan Psychology Prof. and the head education research and labour force department at National Centre for Social and Criminological Research
1- Brigadier General Manar Mokhtar as a representative of Human Rights Department at the Ministry of the Interior.
2- Colonel Mohamed Tawfiq as a representative of Human Rights Department at the Ministry of the Interior.
3- Mrs. Faiqa Fahim – an engineer and member of the parliament for Delta constituencies – Member of the Human Rights Committee of the Egyptian Parliament.
4- The author Hala Elzougandy
5- The announcer Mona Iraqi
6- The director Ahmed Gaber
7- Prof. Dr. Shehata ziedan
8- Dr. Reham Mohey
9- Dr. Abdulsalam Sharaf
10- Dr. Reham Mohey
– Representatives of civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations
– Human Rights Department at the Ministry of the Interior
– Post-care unit
– National Centre for Social and Criminological Research
– Combating and Treatment of Addiction Centre
– National council for Human Rights
– Number of media professionals and artists
– concerned people
– Teamwork of Life Foundation (Sharqia and Alexandria branches)
– Members of the parliament in Sharqia and Delta constituencies