Life Foundation for Development and Community Re-integration organizes a ceremony for launching alliance & partnership network for reintegrating & rehabilitating the ex-prisoners in Sharika, Qalubiya, Dakahlyia, Alexandria and Buhairah governorates in partnership with After-care police department, EU and Civil Society
– Life Foundation for Development and Community Re-integration organizes a ceremonial event on Monday, corresponding to 11th of March 2019 on occasion of launching the Egyptian Alliance Network for re-integrating & rehabilitating the ex-prisoners in Sharika, Qalubiya, Dakahlyia, Alexandria and Buhairah governorates within the context of executing the economic empowerment activities for ex-female prisoners via mobile shop vehicles funded by European Union.
This initiative is created thanks to partnership protocols with five charity associations based in the above governorates: (Charity Association of Manshiat Al Nasr Mosque in Alexandria- Egyptian Ambassador Charity Association in Qalubia governorate – Sharqia Youth Charity Association in Sharqia governorate – Beldi Charity Association based in Dakahlia governorate – Glimpse of Hope Charity Association in Beheira Governorate)
Egyptian alliance for female ex-prisoners re-integration and rehabilitation is aiming at the following:
– Coordinating efforts of the associations joining this alliance to deliver their dedicated services in the area of supporting and caring for female ex-prisoners & their families
– Alliance will act as the official spokesman & representative of member associations as well as the role of the planner and monitor for their charitable activities.
– Alliance will establish a network for collecting statistical data about ex-prisoners and their familes for providing all means of support to them. This alliance will also conduct case studies & researches and organize local & regional and international conferences relative with its own activities and programs. In addition, it will prepare technical training programs for Non-governmental organizations members and staff.
– Educating people and raining their awareness about the problems encountered by ex-prisoners and their families and the importance of supporting, re-integrating them within the community and enhancing communal safety and stability.
In addition, the organizations paretnering with Life Foundation at the targeted governorates have selected the partner associations in such alliance. Accordingly, the alliance will be composed of 30 non-governmental organizations distributed within the targeted governorates.
After-care police department will participate in the ceremony, represented by Major General/ Essam Abu EL-Ezz, After-care Department Director, will will deliver the official speech on behalf of Ministry of Interior.
Colonel/ Mohamed Abdel Kareem, Information Security and Investigations Section head – After-care Police Department, will be among the valuable attendees of this ceremony.
The ceremony will be also attended by the following valuable guests:
Mr.Alaa Abdel Aty (Assistant of Minster of Social Solidarity for social care), represented by Ghada Wali, Minister of Social Solidarity.
Mr. Mohamed Mousa, Assistant to Minster of Social Solidarity for communal service), who will deliver speech on behalf of Ministry of Social Solidarity.
Mr. Ahmed Mahmoud, Naser Social Bank, Giza branch manager
Mr. Mohamed Gamal Eldeen, Senior Undersecretary of Ministry of Social Solidarity
Dr. Malak Gomaa, member of Women National Council & representative of women in Nation’s Future political party- Sharqia branch, who will deliver a speech celebrating the Women World Day.
Furthermore, the alliance will celebrate Women World Day
The alliance will honor the guest of honor, the actress and economic expert Prof/ Leila Ezz Al Arab, Professor of economics and banking expert in her capacity one of the socially active women and a role model who successfully made tremendous achievements in different aspects. She is regarded as a good example of the Egyptian woman who struggled to accomplish successes in her life.
Ceremony functions include discussing the work paper presented by Prof/ Abdul Salam Sharaf – Rehabilitation and Reintegration consultant & Head of Impact Measurement Unit at Drugs Control Fund about the positive consequences resulting from providing social care and reintegration services for ex-prsioners.
Both MR. Jean Barbe, Human Rights Section head and Civil Society Section Head at European Commission – Cairo Office & Mrs. Iride Boffardi, Human Rights and Civil Society Pograms Official, will deliver European Union speech.
It is worth mentioning that “Livelihood” program is aiming at the following:
– Establishing the administrative & professional capabilities for around 100 of female ex-prisoners by operating and funding 20 mobile shop vehicles to be owned by them as a source of livelihood.
– Building capabilities for 5 community associations to design and conduct awareness campaigns targeting around 3750 female ex-prisoners to facilitate them to reintegrate within community and earn their living.
– Increasing and boosting communal understanding and contribution among 100 governmental officials about the female ex-prisoners cases who have been supported and rehabilitated.
– Providing all means of support for female ex-prisoners to ensure that those women have been economically, socially and morally empowered.
– Developing a local network of entities at the targeted governorates for providing and rendering services for the female ex-prisoners for social empowerment purposes and entering into cooperation protocols with such entities.
For more , Click Here