Project funded by Durosos Foundation
The project targets (released from the East Port Said , Banha and Damanhour Prisons , officials of the Welfare of Prisoners – providers of rehabilitation and reintegration – and the Civil Society)
Programs offered by the LIFE Foundation for Community Development and Integration targeting prisoners include pre and post-release phases .
Social reintegration program which aims to improve the psychological , social and economic situation to release them , to prevent a return to crime successfully , and their reintegration into society .
It also includes the provision of legal and psychological service ,s in addition to employment and job creation programs .
The services provided in the project include
1- The right to access to justice and to improve access to legal aid
Access to legal advice is a fundamental right of all detained, and convicted persons , and the prisoners at all stages of the criminal justice process .
We will provide the following legal services for the pre-release of prisoners and after their release .
– Provide information to the prisoners about their rights under the law .
– The representation of prisoners in the criminal justice process , including appeals and applications related to their treatment and conditions while in prison , as well as the representation of prisoners in the event of additional charges incurred during the period of imprisonment .
– Awareness for the right to compensation for periods of pre-trial detention and for additional periods of detention or prison after his sentence and complaint procedures .
– The issuance of legal documents and national ID cards , and criminal records , birth , marriage and divorce certificates .
– Support to prove descent (in case of conflict on the descent) and registration of children in the civil registry .
– Support for male and female prisoners in obtaining the conditional release , on the basis of medical conditions .
– Advertisement to prisoners and their families .
2) Psychological and Social Program :
During imprisonment challenges such as isolation from society , poor prison conditions and overcrowding , lack of privacy , and various forms of violence and tension , depression , and anxiety when many prisoners may evolve to a more serious mental health disorders . LIFE Foundation provides social and psychological care to address the underlying problems between the prisoners after their release , such as drug addiction , and mental health disorders , and thus support the psychosocial and social rehabilitation for their life after prison . This multidisciplinary program includes psychotherapy to deal with the stigma and the bad reputation after their release and discrimination .
This program contributes to the re-integration of community.
3) Shelter for ex-prisoners and their children
LIFE Foundation helps women’s lives through family reunion programs to return to their families . When a family reunion is not an option , they are providing shelter for women and children in need of protection , and the provision of social services , and vocational training , psychological counseling and legal assistance .
4) Vocational training program , employment , and job creation (small projects) :
Support for former prisoners to find work and create businesses and micro-enterprises .
Vocational training and employment program .
The LIFE Foundation is empowered marginalized groups economically . This includes the provision of educational and vocational training , and support with employment and job creation , which is the most useful for the rehabilitation of prisoners .
5) Research and Training :
The LIFE Foundation is developing the penitentiary research as a basis for the formulation of a conscious policy to respond to the needs of prisoners after their release . This ensures that policies and strategies aimed at reducing the prison of former prisoners , and meet the social reintegration in an appropriate and effective manner .
This includes monitoring and software design questionnaires evaluation . And also the establishment of management information , education and training for civil society and government institutions working in the field of rehabilitation and integration system .
About Drosos :
Drosos Foundation was founded in late 2003 as a private enterprise , non-profit to support the development of society , based in Zurich , Switzerland .
The Enterprise is committed to the empowerment of marginalized populations to live a decent life .
Drosos seeks to bring a long-term change through projects supported by Egypt , Morocco , Tunisia , Lebanon , Jordan , Palestine , Switzerland and Germany .
Drosos is operating in Egypt since 2007 . The Foundation supports strongly the following areas : Income generation and reduce the damage of at-risk groups , social protection and reintegration , and to encourage creative activities for young people , as well as environmental protection .
Drosos Foundation is ideologically , politically and religiously independent .