Within the framework of the development of the civil work system for NGOs and civil organizations in the field of promoting women’s rights in order to create mechanisms for the advancement of working women, and to improve their status as well as to enable them to play an active role in the economic renaissance.
A consensus was established between the concerns and priorities of the Women and Development Association and the programs and objectives of Life Foundation for Development to provide adequate support to enable women to exercise their rights and facilitate their duties.
In the same context, Life Foundation signed a memorandum of understanding with the Women and Development Society to work on a number of issues including:
- The issue of the legal, social and psychological rights and economic empowerment of marginalized and released women, as well as the rehabilitation and social reintegration.
Life Foundation also signed an agreement on the operation of the Skills Development Center located in the Mandara district of Alexandria, which works in the field of rehabilitation and social integration of women and prepares them to enter the labor market and help them market their products.
Cooperation with the Women and Development Association in the field of training of girls and women in sewing, knitting, embroidery, cosmetics and leather, in order to transform women into productive families to increase the income of the family and integrate them in the implementation of the strategic plan for sustainable development.
This was part of the project, “Towards rehabilitation and community integration for prisoners back into society with the concentration on female prisoners,” funded by Drosos Foundation, in the presence of:
- Nermeen Al Bahtyty, “Executive Director of Life Foundation”
- Aida Mahmoud Abdel Hafez, “Director of Women and Development Association”
- Amira Nabil Al Sayed, ” General Secretary of Life Foundation”
- Tamer Al Rawy, “Director of Alexandria Branch”
- Mohamed Gamal Abdel Gaid, “Treasurer and Director of Legal Unit”